Saturday, November 16, 2013

FUN in the SUN

Mi hermana Jill wondered if we had fun in Loreto, she wanted to get to know me better. Here are 11 facts about Barbie Sue: 1) I was born in 1951 as the last child of three born to Willis Earl and Maria Alley. Momma Mia met dad in the war and dad brought her to the USA from Germany. Papa was born in Arkansas. 2) I gave birth to two children; 1968 Andrea Marie; 1971 Jason Cory 3) I have one 18 year old grand-daughter Marissa 4) Four kids adopted me; Hennie, Alex, Ruthie and Catalina in Chapala 5) I am an optimist, an encourager, a risk taker, and I laugh in my sleep instead of snore 6) I prefer blue jeans, ball caps and the grand outdoors in every season 7) I have travelled to Brussels; Hamburg; and to where my mother was born Shuen Ecken Germany; Hawaii; Seoul Korea in 1988; Loreto and Chapala Mexico; Washington DC; Pensacola Florida; Houston Texas; and to where my dad was born Little Rock Arkansas. 8) I was 19 when I married my children’s father; I was 60 when I married my soul mate 9) I enjoyed working part-time in high school at Shaunessy Car Wash, the Stagecoach CafĂ©, and JC Penney’s. 10) On 12/12/13 I retire as a Civil Servant to become a Community Servant in Mexico 11) I am blessed and highly favored by God Almighty full of grace, mercy and JOY! I have LOYAL GRAND FRIENDS who know the TRUTH about me and love and encourage me. My testimony of transformation began when God heard me crying for help at Annunciation Church at the age of seven. God answered my prayer and rescued me, He redeemed me, changed me, empowered me, anointed me, gifted me, and gave me His courage and righteousness. His work on the cross is finished and He died that I may live joyfully! I am in Him and He is in me. Eternally His, I totally depend on His forgiveness, I trust His mercy, and I am in AWE of His grace. I believe in His power, His will, and His purpose to use me for His glory. I am justified, sanctified and reborn in His Holy Spirit. Listening for His still small voice, I respond to the Holy Spirit’s leading to walk this way. I relish time alone in the awesome, transforming, renewing presence of God. My LIFE scripture is full of grace. 1 Corinthians 9:19 “Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.” Barbara issues grace and thanksgiving to those who invite her to share what they eat and drink, in their respected cultures.

No comments:

Post a Comment