Sunday, June 30, 2013

CUBE WORK with END DATE

The City of Stockton requires a six month advance notice for retirement. July 1, 2013 the City began its new fiscal year with one certain employee departure. Stockton employs approximately 1,400 people. With 12 departments, the City of Stockton is a full-service city providing many public services. The Police Department oversees Neighborhood Services/ Code Enforcement where I have worked and learned so much about how a city operates. The Program Manager Ron Girard hired me in 2004, and when Ron retired, God brought in Richard Dean, for His purpose.  Richard introduced me to my husband Michael Hoyle. It has been a wonderful experience to work with so many colorful personalities.  Ron Girard, Sue Brause, Tracy LaBarber, Richard Dean, Cal Grigsby, Kim Council,, Bob Boswell, Lynne Smith, Lori Nielsen, Lin Gioseffi, Flo Medina, Jobi Spano, Stan Conley, Donna Pyeatt, Almarosa Vargas, Peter Lemos, Jeff Hunt, Dale Price, Tim Sallady, Steve Stavrakakis, JP, JW, Carrie Lane, Blake Froberg, Chuck LaMar, Jess Covarruvias, Steve Zerweck, Vic Kornacki, Glenn Lucas, Abel Jacquez, Robb Lopus, Ronald Martinez, AJ Nelson, Sabrina Zamora, Rhonda Archbold, Desiree Bambico, Ron Hiltcher, Dwight Brown, Marvi Hagan, Karen Daly, Ajay Powell, Fred Satariano, Gary Forsythe, Deanna Solina, Wendy Morrow, Barbara Atkinson, Pat Hunter. Today my official resignation letter was submitted and today I celebrate my memory of each individual who contributed to my career at the City.

Lin Gioseffi, Supervising Office Assistant                          July 1, 2013
Neighborhood Services
Stockton Police Department
22 E. Weber Street
Stockton, CA   95202

SUBJECT:  BARBARA ALLEY HOYLE’S RESIGNATION

Please accept this letter of resignation from my position as Secretary for the Stockton Police Department, Neighborhood Services Section effective December 31, 2013.  I am thrilled to enter the next chapter that God has planned for me as a community servant in Mexico.  

My position as Secretary for the City of Stockton, Neighborhood Services Section has enriched my understanding of the vital need for community service.  I believe that God strategically placed me in a place that would increase my compassion and capacity to serve a broad base of diverse needs.  My personal take away is far more than any contributions made.

As God is the One who leads me, it is His plan that I travel to Chapala, Jalisco and apply what I have gained in knowledge of City government in a new community.

I have been genuinely blessed by the awesome opportunity to work with such a wonderful family of uniquely gifted people!


Sincerely,



Barbara Alley Hoyle
Secretary


1 comment:

  1. Chocked full of LIFE at its best, I do what is necessary: At 5:30 AM I saunter into a quiet white cell to allow rain to pour over my beautifully aging body. Time alone with Jesus Calling, I respond by etching down my thoughts to Him my personal devotions. A blast of Extra Sharp tonic gives my face the opportunity to scrench, followed by a challenge for my brain cells to locate odd objects in Pearls Peril. I catch my ride at 6:40 AM to enter the stream of commuters on HWY 99 to clock in at 7:30AM. Ahhh, to be greeted by another wildly entertaining eclectic group of citizens of Stockton. By 9:00 AM I have attentively listened to a minimum of 30 recorded complaints as well as at least 10 face to face encounters with people from every nation. Directing the lost, I greet the disturbed at the window of neighborhood services, open at best 200 pieces of snail mail, and respond to a dozen emails before lunch at the Casa, the Moos or Misaki. Nursing incoming calls with compassionate transfers, I then traverse the steamy sidewalks to deliver legal liens to the County office. 15 or more ASK STOCKTON requests arrived since lunch, all requiring grace and mercy to subdue the angry, de-escalate arguments, while watering seeds of hope. ON THE ROAD again at 5:30PM, I arrive home by 6:15PM to a husband who has prepared a healthy dinner. Fortunately, my mundane weekday routine is interspersed with moments of laughter, silliness and rich treasured encounters with the bizarre. Character building days are often sweetened by weekend retreats to the Delta, Old Sac, or way up in elevation through the giant Sequoias towards Lake Alpine or Silver lake. Play dates is the substance of daydreams that become reality of any true grit weekend warrior. Mandated afternoon "breaks" at work allow me to collect more flowers and decorate my fantasy island on Pearls Peril. To preserve my sanity I've pushed myself to float in the pool and allow the day to dissolve in the cool clear water. Weather permitting, this reses my temperament, which invigorates my resolve to be a happier wife. Some days the pull to stay home and lounge on the sofa wins, but when the sun hits a century, my gettyup easily gets me to the refreshing aqua pool. Blogging is what I do to jot down my journey with photo’s that accentuate my reality.

    ReplyDelete