Wednesday, December 3, 2014

DELIGHTED to LAUGH

  1. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. PRV 31:25
  2. Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?” G 17:17
  3. So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?” G 18:12
  4. He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy. JOB 8:21
  5. A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance  ECC 3:4
  6. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. LUKE 6:21
7.      “The wings of the ostrich flap joyfully, though they cannot compare with the wings and feathers of the stork. She lays her eggs on the ground and lets them warm in the sand, unmindful that a foot may crush them, that some wild animal may trample them. She treats her young harshly, as if they were not hers;  she cares not that her labor was in vain, for God did not endow her with wisdom or give her a share of good sense.

Yet when she spreads her feathers to run,
she laughs at horse and rider. “Do you give the horse its strength or clothe its neck with a flowing mane? Do you make it leap like a locust, striking terror with its proud snorting?  It paws fiercely, rejoicing in its strengthand charges into the fray. It laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; it does not shy away from the sword. JOB 39  ~ Just as fathers and mothers delight in the laughter of their kids, so does our Father, our Lord Jesus delight in our laughter! A cheerful dispostion

is great for your health.A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22 ~ The news of gloom and doom leave you bone-tired.  Laughter and giggling at myself, or with others lifts my spirit and gives my Father pleasure.  Share an embarassing moment with someone, rejoice in what strikes you funny!  You know what I am talking about, those times when hilarity got you snorting and unable to speak without bursting into tears.  JOY comes in the morning, the evening, or anytime during the day, if you allow it!  During your next laugh fest, talk to God and give Him thanks for your funny bone!  God has a sense of humor,  He created us with the ability to laugh in situations that might cause the lost to worry or cry. WHY, because we have HOPE in the One who is unseen, and in the future He promised.  Laughter is good medicine for the soul, cuz the Holy living Word of God says so!  

Oh wonderful  Father, I thank You for laughter, Joy, and Peace. Thank You Lord for creating us to laugh that we can be refreshed in the midst of difficult times. (Psalm 30:5 ) For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning!”  Lord my goal is to delight in You and give You great pleasure, in my obedience to LAUGH more and worry less!  If I could see myself as You see me, I certainly would lighten up and LAUGH at the days to come!  Thank You for filling us with Your Joy, and I ask that it overflows into the lives of those You bring into my space!  Lord let our laughter be an encouragement to all! In Jesus name I pray, Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment