Friday, March 25, 2016

Feeling Old?

If you are feeling old, tired and more than ready to settle into the rocking chair of rightfully being crotchety.... STOP and PRAY this in your own words. Lord Jesus, I ask that You keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be a sour old person—some of them are so hard to listen to.... Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places, and talents in unexpected people.  Thou knowest all the contents of my heart.  You certainly know me better than I know myself.  Lord,  I am aging beyond my maturing and I ask that Your indwelt Spirit keep me from the fatal habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.  Release me from craving to straighten out everybody’s affairs.  Keep my
mind free from the recital of endless details; give me wings to get to the point swiftly.  Seal my lips on my aches and pains.  Hiccups in my physical body are increasing, and love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by.  I dare not ask for grace enough to enjoy the tales of other’s pains, but help me to endure them with patience.  I dare not ask for improved memory, but for a growing humility.  When my memory seems to clash with the memories of others, keep my tongue tamed that I allow them the grace that You have so lavished upon me.  Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally I may be mistaken.  Make me thoughtful but not moody.  Helpful, but not bossy.  More humble than right. Thou knowest all Lord, and because of Your work in me, my hope is that you grant me a few friends as I come to the end of myself.....   O Lord, give me the grace to encourage others rather than correct them.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment